Sunday, May 16, 2010

a new journey. =)

I am beginning another new journey. (other than my already embarked photographic journey, lol)

In efforts of fulfilling my dream of becoming a fashion photographer, I am learning how to sew. I have found that I am a very picky lady when it comes to picking out the clothing for a shoot, and well, frankly, I can't afford the clothes that I love. The clothes that I would love to use for a fashion shoot, I just simply cannot afford, and at this point in my life I don't have a designer or a stylist in my area who can help me find clothes that I love. Once I move I know that will change. But, for now, in my efforts of originality and keeping my sanity (sort of) lol, I'm learning to sew. Maybe, in this effort, I will learn to appreciate fashion even more than I already do. To realize the effort a designer goes through to be original and to make such wonderfully crafted pieces.

Since I will be sewing most of the clothing I'm going to be using for shoots, I will also now be able to have more control over the story I want to portray, and I will have more outfits to create a story line.

I am very excited, but very nervous. I know it will be challenging, and I know there will be times when I will want to give up or just go buy something rather than make it because it's easier. But, I will try, and I will continue to post here after a new story is completed. I hope you will follow me on my journey. : )

xx, Autumn

1 comment:

  1. i know how you eel i'd lioveto hav designers and stylists to collaborate with

    shukura

    ReplyDelete